Program of the 2019 edition
TRIBUTE TO OFFENBACH! THE 2019 BALL CELEBRATES THE BICENTENARY OF HIS BIRTH...
Just two hundred years ago Jacques Offenbach was born in Cologne; thanks to his exceptional talent, he was admitted to the Conservatoire of Paris at the age of 14, and coming from Prussia, he became one of the most emblematic composers of French spirit and Parisian parties. He began his career as a cellist at the Opéra-comique, but enjoyed real success under the Second Empire, thanks to his operettas with unforgettable melodies, irreverent and devastating humour such as Orpheus in underworld (1858), Beautiful Helena (1864) and Parisian Life (1866). His famous tunes have entered the Pantheon of French musical glories and have the power to appeal universally to all audiences, from the most popular to the most demanding: a certain idea of the happiness of life that Paris embodies throughout the world. The BAL DES PARISIENNES, LE BAL VIENNOIS DE PARIS will celebrate Offenbach throughout the 2019 edition, in the heart of Paris, at the Brongniart Palace!
DEROULE OF THE 2019 EDITION
- 7 pm: Welcoming of the participants (Entrance Dinner-Show-Ball and Show-Ball)
- 8.30 pm: Beginning of the Viennese opening ceremony
- Opening March of the Debutants
- Défilé of ball gowns
- Opera - Tribute to Offenbach and Strauss
- Polka of the Debutants
- Dancers of the Paris Opera Ballett
- Opening Waltz of the Debutants - Tribute to Offenbach
- 9.30 pm: "Alles Walzer", beginning of the dinner and opening of the Waltz ballroom and of the Rock ballroom
- Midnight: Improvised Quadrille (reel) according to the Viennese tradition with all the participants to the Ball. The Quadrille is taught on the spot in a humouristic and ludic manner.
- 0.30 am: Rock'n'roll show - Beginning of the service of Austrian specialities
- 1.00 am: Tango show
- 1.30 am: Lindy hop show
- 2.00 am: West Coast Swing show
- 2.30 am: New Quadrille
- 5.00 am: End of the 2019 Ball
DINNER: A TRIBUTE TO FRENCH GASTRONOMY
A particular feature of Paris in the international network of Viennese balls is that the emphasis is placed on the French tradition of the gala dinner and the excellence of French gastronomy. It would offer the guests of the Ball an exceptional moment of tasting, illuminated by the best of Parisian flavours and expertise. A dinner full of lightness and refined flavours, elegant tableware, all beautifully combined with music and dancing around the tables. The Bal des Parisiennes, the viennese ball of Paris is pleased to present, in association with Maison Kaviari, an exceptional tasting of caviar matured in Paris, which will be served for the "Formules Offenbach" (category 1 - prestigious dinner).
THE PLACE: THE BRONGNIART PALACE - LE PALAIS BRONGNIART
Located in the centre of old Paris, the Palais Brongniart was built during the First Empire to house the stock exchange and symbolize French influence. This magnificent building is a marvel of classical architecture and was completed under the Restoration. It offers a vast parquet flooring nave, bordered by an elegant peristyle, cascading lounges on the ground and upper floors. The Bal des Parisiennes, the viennese ball of Paris will rent 7 rooms and lounges, about 1700 sq. meters, to welcome you! All you have to do is climb a few steps to be merged in a universe of grandeur and magnificence, and feel the heartbeat of Parisian life once praised by the writers Emile Zola and Marcel Proust.